You can have multiple users on a single AppointmentThing account. This guide will show you how to add and remove users, purchase and assign user licenses, and generally manage an AppointmentThing account with multiple users. Don't worry, it's straightforward and you'll be a pro in no time :) To begin, navigate to your Users Page by following the steps below.
If you're already on your Account Page, ignore these steps and start at the blue bullet point belowface
- Log in to your account on AppointmentThing.com
- Click the solid blue circle containing a white letter in the top right corner of the home page. This will cause a drop-down menu to appear with the options "Account", "Users", "Help" and "Log out"
- Click the 'Account' option on the drop-down menu to navigate to your AppointmentThing Account Page
- Click the 'Users' link in the menu on the left side of the page to navigate to your Users Page
The Users Page
Your Users Page (see image below) is where you can manage all the users for your AppointmentThing account
Each AppointmentThing account (both free and paid) has the ability to have multiple account users. To invite additional account users, follow the steps below:
- Click the blue 'Invite User' button on the Users Page
- A white pop-up will appear that provides two ways to invite someone to join your AppointmentThing account. The first method is by entering their email address into the form provided and having AppointmentThing email them an invitation. The second method is by copying the provided link and sharing it with the invitee yourself. You can use either method and you can invite as many people to join your account as you'd like
To view pending invitations that you've sent, click the 'Pending Invitations' link as shown in the image below. Please note that you'll only be able to see invitations that were sent using the AppointmentThing email-invitation method mentioned above.
On the Pending Invitations page, you can delete someone's invitation to join your AppointmentThing account by clicking the blue 'Delete invitation' link on the white tile containing their invitation information.
When your invitees receive and accept your invitation to join your AppointmentThing account, they'll go through a simple account user creation process, and will then be added as a Basic account user. The section below explains how to give account users access to Premium or Pro functionality.
Every time an account user is added to an AppointmentThing account, they are added as a Basic user. This means they only have access to Basic functionality, even if you, the account owner, have a Premium or Professional subscription.
AppointmentThing uses a simple system of user licenses to give account users within a specific paid AppointmentThing account access to that account's Premium or Pro functionality.
- If you have a Premium subscription, you can purchase additional "Premium licenses" for your account, and then assign them to other account users to give them Premium, functionality.
- If you have a Pro subscription, you can purchase additional "Pro licenses" for your account, and then assign them to other account users to give them Pro functionality.
- If you have a Basic account, you can still add additional account users, but you will need to purchase a paid subscription in order to purchase additional paid licenses.
Please note that AppointmentThing accounts can only have one type of paid license at a time. Thus, if you have a Premium subscription, you can only purchase additional Premium licenses, not Pro licenses, and vice-versa. You can always upgrade to a Pro subscription if you wish to unlock Pro functionality, but then all Premium licenses will also be upgraded to Pro licenses at that time.face
Managing your licenses
This section provides a step-by-step guide to managing your licenses and purchasing additional licenses.
- Purchasing user licenses
Please follow the guide below for step-by-step instructions on how to purchase additional user licenses.
How to add user licenses
- Assigning licenses to account users
You can view your account's user licenses in two places. The first is in the Membership & Billing section of your Account Page, and the second is on your Users Page as shown in the image below.
When you purchase a Premium or Pro subscription, the AppointmentThing system counts it as one Premium or Pro license for your account. Thus if you have a Pro subscription and you purchase two more Pro licenses, you will have 3 Pro licenses for your account. To assign licenses to your account users, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Users Page if you're not already there
- On each white account user tile there is a toggle you can use to switch between "Basic" and "Pro" (or "Premium" if you have a Premium subscription). An example of this is circled in red in the image above. Choose an account user and slide the toggle to the right to assign a paid license to that user. If the user has already been assigned a license, you can slide the toggle to the left to remove the license from that account user and return them to Basic functionality
- As you add paid licenses to and remove paid licenses from your users, you'll see the numbers of paid licenses you have assigned vs. unassigned change at the top of your Users Page
- Removing user licenses from your account
Just like you can purchase additional user licenses, you can also remove paid licenses from your account if you no longer need them. Please follow the guide below for step-by-step instructions on how to remove user licenses.
How to remove user licenses from my account
Please note: if you remove user licenses from your account, it's possible that the number of licenses assigned to users in your account will exceed the newly reduced number of licenses available in your account. If this happens, the system may automatically remove licenses from some account users so that the number of licenses assigned to account users matches the number of licenses available with your account