This guide will show you how to embed your availability for a specific appointment type directly into emails that you send to your invitees. Instead of your invitees simply receiving a link from you that they can use to navigate to your appointment booking page, they will see the actually appointment times that you're available in the email itself, and they can choose one to book with you, thus eliminating a step.
To embed your availability directly into an email, begin by navigating to your Appointment Types Page by following the steps below.
If you're already on the Appointment Types Page, ignore these steps and start at the blue bullet point belowface
- Log in to your account on AppointmentThing.com
- Click 'My appointments' at the top of the home page
- Click the 'Appointment Types' link in the menu on the left side of the page to navigate to your Appointment Types Page
To embed your availability in an email
- On your Appointment Types Page, choose the appointment type for which you want to share your available appointment time slots, then click the '@' symbol on the white tile of that appointment type
- A white pop-up will appear (see image below). By default, this will show available appointment time slots for the appointment type you clicked on, but if you change your mind and want to embed availability for a different appointment type, you can make the switch using the drop-down menu in the bottom left corner of the pop-up
- On the calendar on the left side of the pop-up, select the days you want to embed your availability for by clicking on them. You can select multiple days.
- As you select days, the available time slots for those days will appear on the right side of the pop-up (see image below). When you click the blue "Copy to Clipboard" button (don't do this yet) everything on the right side of the pop-up will be copied so you can paste it into your email editor
- As you can see in the image above, sometimes you'll have a large number of available appointment times on the days you've selected. You may not want to add them all into your email as it could be overwhelming for your invitee. To remove individual appointment time slots, hover over them and click the red "X" that appears
- If you want to change the color of the available appointment time slots, you can click the gray and black circles at the bottom of the pop-up to open a color editor (see image below). The left button will open a color editor for the time slot background, which is gray by default, and the right button will open a color editor for the time slot text, which is black by default. If you wish to return the time slot background or text color to its default at any time, simply click the white 'Clear' button on the respective editor
- Here's one example of what your available appointment time slots could look like once you've edited which time slots you want to include and customized their appearance:
- When you're happy with the available appointment time slots you've included (and their appearance), click the blue 'Copy to Clipboard' button at the bottom of the pop-up to copy your time slots
- Now navigate to your email system and simply paste the time slots into your email editor. Here is an example of what it looks like in Gmail:
The end-user experience
When your invitees receive an email containing your embedded available appointment time slots, they'll be able to click any of the individual times slots to book that appointment time with you. A new tab will open that shows the second step of the AppointmentThing booking process (see image below). Here your attendee can enter their details and confirm their appointment time with you that they selected in the email.