Easily embed an appointment scheduling form (also known as an appointment booking form or a booking widget) on your WordPress website. This is a great tool to let your users easily schedule an appointment/meeting with you.
- Your users never need to leave your website to schedule appointments
- Increase conversions by letting a prospective client choose a time that works for them in your booking calendar
- Cut down on phone calls and email threads trying to find a time that works for everyone
- Ask questions to your attendees when they schedule so you have the information you need to prepare for the appointment
- Automated appointment reminders for you and your attendees mean no more missed meetings
Follow these 6 simple steps to embed a booking calendar on your WordPress website.
- Sign up for AppointmentThing.com
Go to AppointmentThing.com and click “Sign up”. There’s a free two-week trial of the Pro Plan available when you sign up (with no credit card required), and when that’s over, you can keep using the free plan forever.
- Set up the Appointment Types you want to offer and the appointment times you have available
Within the scheduling app, you can set different appointment types for different services you offer or you could just offer customers a choice of meeting lengths. You can also offer just one appointment type if you want to keep it really simple.
- Navigate to the ‘Appointment Types’ page on AppointmentThing.com
- Create a new “Appointment Type” (or select one of your existing “Appointment Types”).
- Enter your appointment details in the “About” tab, and set your appointment availability in the “Availability” tab.
- When you’ve created the appointment type, navigate back to the “Appointment Types”.
- Copy the link or embed code to your booking page
Copy your link or embed code to your general scheduling page if you want to offer more than one appointment type, or to a specific appointment type otherwise.
- Click the “Embed” icon as shown in the image below
- You will now see a new window. Select the “Inline Embed” option. Select the Appointment Types you want to embed on your WordPress website, and copy the widget code.
- Paste your link into the WordPress website editor.
Log into your account on wordpress.com (or click signup if you don’t already have a WordPress account). In the WordPress dashboard open the website editor and choose which page you want to embed the appointment scheduling form on. Click the “+” in the top left hand corner of the page, scroll down to the “Widgets” section and choose “Custom HTML” from the list of options. The element will now appear on your website and you can drag it to where it needs to go. Paste in the link you copied earlier from AppointmentThing.
A complete step-by-step guide can also be found here in the following help article: Appointment Scheduling WordPress – detailed instructions
- Make sure it looks good
The last thing to do is to preview the site to make sure it all looks good. If there are scroll bars showing, just resize the area of the embed to make sure it fits. Be sure to check the preview on mobile view also to make sure it still looks good!
- You’re good to go!
Your embeddable appointment booking form is now set up and your users can start scheduling appointments with you right from your WordPress website!
Use a website builder other than WordPress where you want to offer online scheduling? AppointmentThing also integrates with most popular website builders like Leadpages, Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, Jimdo, Kajabi and more.
Try our beautiful embeddable “Appointment Scheduling” form for WordPress
An online appointment scheduler like AppointmentThing is the simplest way for your users to book appointmentswith you. Make back-and-forth emails a thing of the past and save time for everyone when they request an appointment. By offering your own appointment scheduling page to your clients, they can immediately see your live calendar availability and book their own appointments.
Connect your calendar to sync your availability and ensure that you offer appointments only when you’re free (works with Google Calendar, Apple Calendar and Outlook calendar/Office 365). Add your appointment scheduling link to your email signature, your social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and, most importantly, to your WordPress site.
AppointmentThing is the best designed and most powerful free online appointment scheduling software available today. We offer beautiful and intuitive booking pages to match your WordPress theme along with lots of online booking functionality that streamlines the booking process from automated reminders (including both email and SMS notifications) that keep everyone in sync and meeting buffers make sure you can give your appointment your full attention. Our free plan has lots of great functionality for everyone and we also have paid plans that let you unlock additional features like connecting multiple calendars or add a payment option with Stripe or PayPal so you can charge for your appointments.