Easily embed an appointment scheduling form (also known as an appointment booking form or a booking widget) on your Jimdo website. This is a great way to let your users easily schedule an appointment/meeting with you.
- Adding an inline booking form allows you to display your live booking calendar directly on your website – your users never need to leave your website to schedule appointments
- Schedule as many appointments as you need without endless email threads or phone calls trying to find a time that works for everyone
- Keep everyone in the loop by sending automated reminders in advance of the meeting
- Make sure website visitors convert to customers or clients – great for scheduling sales, demo or consultation calls
Follow these 6 simple steps to embed an appointment scheduling app on your Jimdo website.
- Sign up for AppointmentThing.com
Go to AppointmentThing.com and click “Sign up”. There’s a free two-week trial of the Pro Plan available when you sign up (with no credit card required), and when that’s over, you can keep using the free plan forever.
- Set up the Appointment Types you want to offer and the times you are available
Within the scheduling app, you can set different appointment types for different services you offer or you could just offer customers a choice of meeting lengths. You can also offer just one appointment type if you want to keep it really simple.
- Navigate to the ‘Appointment Types’ page on AppointmentThing.com
- Create a new “Appointment Type” (or select one of your existing “Appointment Types”).
- Enter your appointment details in the “About” tab, and set your appointment availability in the “Availability” tab.
- When you’ve created the appointment type, navigate back to the “Appointment Types”.
- Copy the link or embed code to your booking page
Copy your link or embed code to your general appointment booking page if you want to offer more than one appointment type, or to a specific appointment type otherwise.
- Click the “Embed” icon as shown in the image below
- You will now see a new window. Select the “Inline Embed” option. Select the Appointment Types you want to embed on your Jimdo website, and copy the widget code.
- Paste your link into the Jimdo website editor.
Log into your account on jimdo.com (or click signup if you don’t already have a Jimdo account). Click the “New Website” button and make sure you chooose the “The editor for coding experts option”. Once you are in the Jimdo page, hover your mouse over the section you want to add your booking form to and click the “+” icon that appears. Click the “More elements and Add-ons” option and select “</> Widget / HTML”. Paste the HTML code you copied earlier from AppointmentThing into the text editor and click save.
A complete step-by-step guide can also be found here in the following help article: Appointment Scheduling Jimdo – detailed instructions
- Make sure it looks good
The last thing to do is to preview the site to make sure it all looks good. If there are scroll bars showing, just resize the area of the embed to make sure it fits. Be sure to check the preview on mobile view also to make sure it still looks good!
- You’re good to go!
Your embeddable appointment booking form is now set up and your users can start scheduling appointments with you right from your Jimdo website!
Use a website builder other than Jimdo where you want to offer online scheduling? AppointmentThing also integrates with most popular site builders like Leadpages, Squarespace, WordPress, Wix, Weebly, Kajabi, and more.
Try our beautiful embeddable “Appointment Scheduling” form for Jimdo
AppointmentThing is the best free online appointment scheduling software both in terms of design and functionality. Schedule appointments with ease and make endless email threads a thing of the past. Let your clients book appointments for themselves by viewing your real-time calendar availability on your booking page and selecting the time that suits them best.
Connect your calendar to sync your availability and ensure that you offer appointments only when you’re free (works with Google Calendar, Apple Calendar and Outlook calendar/Office 365). Add your appointment scheduling link to your email signature, your social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and, most importantly, to your Jimdo site.
There’s lots more online booking functionality included with AppointmentThing to make your life easier and improve the experience for your customers. Enable meeting buffers before and after your appointments so you can give all your time and attention to your customers and use our automated reminders (SMS reminders as well as email reminders) to make sure that both you and your customers know when and where the appointment is taking place. You can also choose to collect payments for your appointment using our PayPal and stripe integrations.